Delcote ® Squares up for Business – St Mellons Business Park, Cardiff
St Mellons Business Park is an attractive modern business park located on the outskirts of Cardiff, now established as one of the city’s premier business locations. Planned refurbishment to Conway House, one of the innovative square shaped designed buildings which forms part of the campus revealed that its PVC coated roof sheets, having reached their “re-paint decision time”, were exhibiting age related deterioration of the factory coating.
Since the original steel sheets themselves were in good condition and it was only the coating that needed further protection, the project management team at Jones Lang LaSalle chose to recoat the roof with DELCOTE® , a solution which offered negligible site disruption, a speedy resolution to the problem and complete weather and corrosion resistance for decades to come.
Cardiff qualified applicators A & N Lewis Ltd first treated the roof to Seamsil®, preventing further corrosion to the critical lap joints and fixings followed by DELCOTE® silicone coating, applied to a finish colour of Mushroom to match the original and surrounding roofs.
- Problem: Coating Deterioration & Sheet Corrosion
- Where: Business Park Unit Roof
- Solution: Delcote® Architectural Coating
- Specification: Delcote® Profiled Metal (Roof)
Case Study Information
- Project: St Mellons Business Park , Cardiff
- Client: Jones Lang LaSalle (Cardiff)
- Contractor: A & N Lewis Ltd. - Tel. 02920 567 800
- Materials & Inspection: Giromax Technology Ltd. - +44 (0)1455 558969
- Finish Colour: Mushroom Grey
Preparation Of Existing PVC Coated Steel Roof. Seamsil Treatment To All Fixings & Sheet Ends. Two Coat Application Of Delcote Silicone Architectural Coating.