Seamsil® Silicone Systems
Edge Sealing and Protection
SEAMSIL® is a unique flexible silicone remedial system developed by Delvemade Limited in conjunction with GE Silicones, part of the General Electric Company of America.
The system, initially developed to solve the problem of cut edge corrosion on steel roofing has now become recognised as the most versatile and effective protection treatment in any situation where exposed metal is subjected to aggressive moisture conditions. For this reason, manufacturers across a variety of industries are specifying SEAMSIL® in the production of fabrications where resistance to corrosion damage is a requirement.
- Exceptional adhesion to cleaned and prepared surfaces and cure to provide a tough elastic seal, effectively encapsulating the damaged area to restrict further deterioration.
- Proven long life, being unaffected by UV or extremes of weather and temperature.
- Excellent elastic and flexibility properties to withstand normal surface movements.
Instructions for Use
The SEAMSIL® system has been developed against a background of decades of experience of roof refurbishment and repair and is designed to be “user friendly” in application. A three stage system, comprising a gun applied sealant, a brush applied Basecoat and a brushable Topcoat, SEAMSIL® requires little in the way of expensive application equipment.
Full application and product details are to be found on the technical data sheets:
- Specification: Seamsil® 100 Cut edge corrosion treatment on profiled steel roofing
- Specification: Seamsil® 300 Gutter joint sealing
- Specification: Seamsil® 400 Hook bolt and local encapsulation on asbestos cement sheeting
- Specification: Seamsil® 500 Profiled metal sheet and rooflight lap seal